Interview with Rally driver Joan Lascorz
At The Fabulous Gang we are very proud to be able to expand our Gang with a person who is a benchmark in the values we defend such as self-improvement and effort, where being able to have a vision of the future, goals that despite the problems that life can pose you can reach.
We are talking about nothing more and nothing less than Joan Lascorz, an elite motorcycling athlete who competed in the world championship of Superbikes. Unfortunately, the On April 2, 2012, during official training, the which caused him a spinal cord injury at the C5/C6 level with a limitation in the mobility of your legs, your torso, arms and hands. This accident not only did not separate him from the sport but also helped him to rethink how to continue in it as a racing driver. off road rallies.
We have been able to speak with him and he has explained very interesting things about his life and his career that we leave you below. A life lesson that we will certainly never forget.
- How did you start in the world of motorcycling?
- What happened the day of the accident?
- How has the recovery process been?
Many hours of rehabilitation and then assume the psychological part.
- How does it affect your day to day?
Then you learn to look for ease when doing anything.
- How do you face your participation in the Dakar?
I don't set any goals. But what I have clear is that I do not go out just to finish. If I feel good and my body performs, I will give a lot of Gas.
- What would you say to all those people who think "you're crazy"?
- What advice would you give to someone who is in your situation and who does not see the possibility of moving forward and having new challenges?
I only know that I have gone through a more than hard moment in life and it will always be with me. But I have decided not to give up doing what I was best at, which is competing. No matter how complex it is, the important thing is that it can be done.
- What plans do you have for the future? What are your next conquests going to be?
- Who have been your biggest supporters during this time?
- What values are fundamental in your gang?
They are always people who bring something special. Trust, knowledge, adventure, stability… real people.
Follow atent@s because we will have more news about Joan Lascorz, since a documentary about her life is planned with great surprises...